Monday, December 31, 2012

Unusual Gifts

Having a mom as a kindergarten teacher makes me even more excited when the Holidays roll around. She always gets yummy treats that I get to steal. The candy, however, is not what makes me most excited. The random knick-knacks that her students give her always amuse me and make me wonder what these children think. My mom told me that one year her friend received a bra from her student. I thought that was the worst of them all until I encountered an article in a teacher's magazine about unusual gifts given to teachers.

The article compiles submitted entries about strange presents teachers have been awarded with. One teacher "received a pack of condoms from a student who thought they were Band-Aids." Another teacher received a live chicken from her student and had to walk it home!

Even though the gifts teachers receive are random and sometimes disgusting, my mom says that teachers still love them anyway. Although the gifts probably will never be put to use, my mom has a hard time throwing them away because they are special in an odd way. For teachers the silly gifts resemble the fun and not so fun memories with their students, and not to mention, they also give them a good laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment